Cohort ReportThe Kissmetrics Cohort Report allows businesses to quickly know if their essential online metrics are healthy. Sessions over time provide you with no insight. Cohort Report shows how like groups behave over time as markets, competitors and customers change. This segment report helps to simplify data overload and to start your analytics efforts off right.
◦ ◦ ◦
Prove Your Value to the Right Audience
Your marketing activities are constantly changing. You might be updating, testing and optimizing your campaigns and messaging to search for what resonates best. But searching for the message that captures the right audience can be mysterious and time-consuming. Just because someone came to your site today and didn’t convert today doesn’t mean your marketing failed. It could mean the customer wasn’t ready to buy. Cohort Report reveals conversions over time, based on the same people’s behavior and not isolated snippets of session time – so you can identify what’s worked in the past and what didn’t.
◦ ◦ ◦
Confirm Your Campaign Success
Cohort Report allows you to group people by marketing channel so you can know which campaigns bring the highest conversions. Like Funnel Reports, you can create lists for outreach on segments — whether they underperformed or outperformed. You can even narrow in on each channel to know which ones specifically drive signups.
◦ ◦ ◦
Track Feature Use and Retention
Cohort Report reveals more than acquisition data. If your website is your product, you need to know how your customers use it. Cohort Report gives you that insight. Then you can take action by building on the most useful features, providing in-app education on neglected areas, or paring down ineffective functions. Here are a few common use cases:
- Track new user engagement by viewing how often users log in after signing up.
- Rate your product feature “stickiness” by how often customers use them.
- Show customer loyalty in repeat purchases and renewals.
- Discover which pricing plans lead to cancellations.
- Find which group types lead to the most upsells.
- Know which products and channels drive repeat purchases and customer loyalty.
- See which products are returned most often.
- Reveal seasonal trends by channel, campaign, or other audience characteristics.
For anyone responsible for a company’s marketing success, there is no other tool that gives you a faster and more accurate way to measure your progress.